Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Poetry in Motion: Another creative outlet

Letting the creativity loose yet again. This time I chose poetry as my medium. Since I won't subject you to my musings alone. One of these I can take credit for and one I can't.


These dark circles
under my eyes
are the stains you left
when you spilled my guts

You never told me
I had to stay up all night
washing them with stars
until they were gone

You seemed to have turned
sleep against me now,
like she was one of your friends
all along

I thought she'd be
a little sympathetic
but I guess sleep always
felt better
when you were around.

Jewel


Moonlight falls on another day
without the sound of your voice
The wind howls but does not
carry you to me.

Are you lost?

For I myself am at the
edge of longing
shouting in the dark unknown
waiting.....unanswered.

What can bring you to me?
The pull of the moon
the tugging of my heart
or perhaps some other
feeling event.

Shall I wander the
worn paths of loneliness
forever calling into the wind?

- Stamos

No comments:

Post a Comment