Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Having the Cake and Eating it too...

Really? A blog? Why, you may ask? Cause it was suggested that a creative outlet was needed and while dancing naked in the streets may be entertaining, its hardly legal.  That and word on the street is that all the cool kids have blogs.  So here's to being cool....

Life's been tough lately, I'm not gonna lie.  Heck it's the whole reason I'm writing the darn blog. Life has been all about change the last eight months. There's been packing, unpacking and packing, unpacking again. There's been road trips and plane rides and hacks on horseback.  There's been heartbreak. Lately, I find myself questioning some of my life decisions. Many of them have been selfish, all in pursuit of my Career.  I've left my home, friends, and family to travel all over in pursuit of the Career. All along I thought it was possible to have it all.....a job (let's be honest, its a lifestyle) I loved, friends and a person to love and share it all with. (and yes I just ended a sentence with a preposition).  Parts of this equation have proved to elusive.  I thought I had it all figured out, but then a greater opportunity called and I was off again. Was it selfish? Absolutely. Did I think I would be able to pull it off and make it work? Without a doubt. Was it worth it to give all of those things up to move for a job yet again?  I thought so and part of me still does. But when is enough enough?  Can us crazy horse people have it all? I'm not so sure anymore.  I see funny, cool, good looking gals by the dozens at horseshows and wouldn't you know most of them are single.  We work long hours, travel and most of us have at least a hint of OCD...it's what makes us good at our jobs.  Yet most of us are batting a zero in the romance department. Surely, we can have our cake and eat it too, or can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment